If you weren’t there for this years shindig at Strawberry Canyon on Saturday (8/3), you missed a great party…and an ok meeting!
- People came, and they brought great food!
- There was much fond reminiscing about the defunct SCAM pool.
- Recent heroic swims were honored:
- Sara Everitt for the Arctic Circle Swim (brrr! makes me cold just to type it!)
- Jim Lunt for winning his age-group (we won’t tell–but he hasn’t been in it long) in the Peaks to Portland swim in Maine.
- Lauren Au for her epic swim around the island of Manhattan.
- Our Board Chair, Steve Washburn gave a speech.
- Our Kendall gave a speech.
- No one had questions about the Code of Conduct
- No conduct violated the Code.
- There was inner-tube water polo. (The wrong team won–but hey, it’s all good).
Many thanks to Social Chair, Leo Lozano for putting it all together!
Oh, and Another notable swim!…
Not honored at the potluck (we didn’t want his chest to get puffed out too far), was Board Chair, Steve Washburn, who not only won his age-group at the Alcatraz Sharkfest Swim, but finished 17th overall! in the wetsuit competition. Next year lose the suit, Steve–you’ll probably swim even faster just to get out of the cold water.