Hello Cal Masters!
What’s New & Reminders
- Early Jan 2020 Schedule
- “The Big One”
- Swim Club Trial Workouts
- USMS 1-Hour ePostal
- CALM Meet
- Team Store
- LCM Dates
Reminder Workout Schedule through Jan 20
** Temporary change to 11:30am start time due to Womens Water Polo practice
Mon Jan 20 MLK Day Holiday Schedule
Tue Jan 21 Regular schedule resumes, Middays return to 11am start
Updated Sun Feb 2 CALM’s “The Big One” 8:15-9:45am at Spieker
- The ENTIRE team and guests are all invited to attend “The Big One.“ All available coaches will welcome as many swimmers as possible to a 20-lane short course workout to kick off a year of productive, engaging swimming. Look ahead to multiple lanes assigned to each “base” interval with opportunities to race, challenge and support each other through what will inevitably be one of the best workouts of the year! Our goal? 100 swimmers! Be one of them and bring your teammates with you!
New Feb 4-7 New Swim Club Trial Workouts
- Attention evening swimmers! CALM will host trial workouts for new student swimmers during our evening workouts, tentatively scheduled for Feb 4-7. Look for more information from the staff and Swim Club soon. We anticipate that the workouts will be slightly adjusted from normal, but that all regular CALM swimmers will be able to participate in the workout during the trials.
New Sun CALM Clinics
- CALM technique-focused clinics are back. Clinics will begin at 8:15am at Spieker. Please put these dates in you calendars. More info re: themes, fees, staff, etc. to follow!
- Feb 9
- Feb 23
- Mar 29 – tentative
- Apr 26 – tentative
- May 10 – tentative
- May 31 – tentative
Updated Sun Feb 16 USMS 1-Hour ePostal
- CALM will host a 1-hour ePostal session for all swimmers interested in going as many laps as they can in 1 hour. Swimmers intending to submit results must provide their own volunteer lap counter (i.e. a person); CALM will provide stopwatches, clipboards, lap & split sheets and writing utensils. We tentatively plan to swim LCM!
- Registration & Info here
- Email Gaku if you plan to participate
New Sun Mar 22 CALM Meet
- Our annual meet at Spieker is approaching. Look forward to messages from the Advisory Board re: entries, volunteer sign-ups, sponsor forms and more! We look forward to hosting one of Pac Master’s BEST meets of the year and to all of the support from the team!
New Team Store
- CALM’s team store will be set to go live again soon with new items including higher quality t-shirts and free shipping!
Updated Sun LCM Workout Dates
- CALM will host LCM 8:15-9:45am at Spieker on the following dates:
- Feb 16 – tentative LCM 1-Hour Postal
- Mar 1
- Mar 15
- Apr 5
- Apr 19
- May 3
- May 18
- $10 drop-in fee for guests
- Please arrive 15 min early to help with lane lines!
See you at the pool!